Our purpose lies primarily in addressing the socio-economic challenges faced in the supply and value chain. We aim to create a diverse and inclusive supply/value chain that is in alignment with the National Development Plan. We do this to unlock competitiveness by creating access to procurement markets for marginalized Black businesses through the development of a collaborative ecosystem of partners from business and government.
The SASDC will be the leading partner in providing innovative solutions and thought leadership to all stakeholders for the diversification of value chains by facilitating access to market and capacity enhancing opportunities for Black businesses.
By actively involving our Members in efforts that will increase and expand business opportunities and business growth for black businesses, the SASDC will:
- We enable a collaborative supplier diversity eco-system of partners from business and government by leveraging Preferential Procurement, Enterprise and Supplier Development Interventions.
- Through our due-diligence assessment protocols, we verify their key credentials before certifying Black Suppliers.
- We connect our stakeholders to enable supplier diversity outcomes
- We generate thought leadership, change management and develop and enhance stakeholder capacity and competitiveness through supplier diversity
- We celebrate and promote the benefits of Supplier Diversity and its best practice.
The following core values express the SASDC culture and "the way we do business":
- Professionalism: We provide a quality and reliable service, responsibly and with pride
- Agility: We are innovative and quick to respond to change
- Compassion: We put ourselves consistently in another person's shoes, to feel his or her pain as though it were our own, and act on our desire to alleviate or reduce the suffering of another.
- Innovation: We generate thought leadership, change management and develop and enhance stakeholder capacity and competitiveness through supplier diversity
- Respect: We treat all stakeholders with compassion, respect and dignity.
- Courage: We deal with challenges to our Vision, mission and values without fear or favour